Through Regular Maintenance
Presented by Restore It Commercial Roofing
Commercial roofing plays an important role in protecting any commercial property. Regular maintenance will help to prevent roofing problems from escalating into the need for expensive roofing repairs or for a costly roof replacement.
Check out our 10 Commercial Roof Maintenance Tips:
Restore It Commercial Roofing can help repair and maintain your roof. Call us now: 302-998-8500 (main office) or 302-740-9900 (Sussex office).
Robert Burke, President of Restore It Commercial Roofing, personally trains and oversees all employees to ensure the job is done right. He has decades of knowledge and hands-on industry experience, so he can handle any type of problem. Not to mention, a full range of product knowledge in order to select the right one to protect your commercial roof!
- Fix Leaks Right Away – Over time, leaks will only get worse, cause more damage and cost more to repair. Contact a trusted commercial roofing contractor at first sign of leakage, this could save you from further damage.
- Get Your Roof Inspected Twice a Year – for possible leaks, cracks, sagging or weak spots. Have a professional perform the inspection, as they can better identify problem areas.
- Avoid Walking on Roof – the least amount of traffic on your commercial roof, the better.
- Check the Roof after Bad Storms – high winds, sleet, hale, heavy snow and flying debris can cause major damage.
- Keep the Roof Clean – to avoid built up debris that can lead to clogs, algae or mold growth.
- Regularly Clean out Gutters, Down Spouts and Drains – which can cause water to backup, seep into cracks and cause leaks.
- Prune Overhanging Branches – from trees that could cause roof damage during violent storms and cause algae or mold growth.
- Make Sure Roof Equipment – is working properly. Faulty equipment can cause multiple problems with a roofing system.
- Clear Snow off Roof – in winter months to avoid heavy build up that can cause leaks, large ice cycles, ice dams or worse.
- Hire a Professional Commercial Roofing Contractor – to inspect and perform regular maintenance.