As you can imagine, all roofs have an expected life cycle. There are, however, ways to increase it and one of the best known solutions is roof restoration. Did you know this process can save you some money, too?
As experts in commercial roof restoration in Delaware, we know a thing or two about the best practices when it comes to working with your existing roof. In today’s post, we would like to share our roof coating and restoration process with you so can have a better idea of how this may benefit your business!
For Rubber and Asphalt Roof Restoration (three-coat process):
- Pressure washing the entire surface of the roof to remove all contaminants and allow for the best coating adhesion.
- Repairing any bad areas and reinforce all seams, vents, flashing, and penetrations with a high strength polyester mesh repair system.
- Covering with gray base coating as the first step of our three-part coating process.
- Applying the second coating. This first cool white coating is applied over the gray base coating.
- Completing the process by applying the third and final cool white coating creating a seamless membrane over the entire roof surface.
For Metal Roof Restoration (two-coat process):
- Checking every fastener for tightness.
- Pressure washing the roof to remove all contaminants and allow for the best coating adhesion.
- Removing any surface rust by hand or mechanical tooling.
- Priming all rusted areas as needed.
- Repairing bad areas.
- Covering with gray base coating as the first step of our two part coating process.
- Completing the process by applying the second and final cool white coating.
Want to know more about our roof restoration work?
Our employees are trained by Robert Burke, President of Restore It Commercial Roofing. We have the product knowledge and hands-on industry experience to handle any type of problem. Not to mention, we have a full range of products to protect your commercial roof!
Get your estimate today!