Extending the life of your commercial roof is an important way to protect your commercial property investment. With winter approaching and days on end of pouring rain, we thought it might be a good idea to remind commercial property managers and owners that keeping you commercial roof leak free is very important in protecting your entire building.
This is the time of year that roofing problems begin to reveal themselves. Often, when the first signs of a compromised roof happens, it is too late. That is why the eight steps below can help extend the life of your commercial roof.
8 Steps to Extending the Life of Your Commercial Roof
1) Frequent Inspections: Have a professional commercial roofing contractor inspect your roof at least twice a year.
2) Regular Maintenance: There are a number of things that need done regularly to keep your commercial roofing up to the job. Make sure to have a schedule of items on your annual maintenance calendar.
3) Prompt Repairs: Address the first sign of roofing issues in a timely manner to avoid making needed repairs worse or more costly when pushed back.
4) Reflective Coatings: White roof coatings with reflective properties is a great way to reduce the stress on your roof by deflecting the hot sunrays that can accelerate the aging of your commercial roof.
5) Clean Gutters & Drains: Keeping gutters, downspouts and drains free of debris and leaves can prevent water from pooling on your commercial roof. Stagnant water has a way of finding its way into the interior of a commercial property.
6) Check after Bad Storms: When storms with high winds, sleet, snow,, hale or lightning strikes pass by, they have a potential to damage your commercial roof. Check to confirm all is good at the top of your building.
7) Re-caulk around any equipment, fans or exhaust pipes: Caulking deteriorates after time. Check and regularly re-caulk around any air conditioning, fans, exhaust pipes or satellite discs to keep your roof from developing leaks.
8) Check flashing around roof hatches, skylights and chimneys: Faulty flashing is a common cause of commercial roof leakage. Check often to ensure your flashing is up to the job.
Restore It Commercial Roofing, Inc. sends a fully trained and dedicated team to your commercial roofing project to ensure that job is completed in a professional and timely manner. Our proactive approach emphasized safety and noninvasive scheduling to minimize distractions or disruptions in your place of business. Contact us today to schedule your roof restoration estimate.
Let Restore It Commercial Roofing, Inc. save you money and prolong the lifespan of your roof.
Our employees are trained by Robert Burke, President of Restore It Commercial Roofing. We have the product knowledge and hands-on industry experience to handle any type of problem. Not to mention, we have a full range of products to protect your commercial roof!